Certified Orthotist / Orthotic DME
OrthoCare Solutions, a Prosthetic and Orthotic company near Rockville, Maryland, is seeking a Certified Orthotist.
OrthoCare Solutions, Inc. delivers superior orthotic and prosthetic products and services to healthcare providers and individuals. Every service we offer makes our customers lives easier. Our customers only receive carefully sourced and fabricate orthotic and prosthetic products that we know are effective. To uphold our service commitment, we only source products from manufacturers who consistently deliver superior quality. Our orthotic and prosthetic care services are chosen for their effectiveness and delivered by trained specialists.
Use your professional clinical expertise to supervise the orthotic staff and develop the prosthetic division for the company. You will listen to challenges, collaborate with physicians and healthcare providers to identify solutions, and apply your expertise to help move lives forward. Reporting to the President, you will provide your expertise to the orthotic staff and assist in developing long-term relationships with physicians and patients.
- Assist in formulation of specifications for bracing or limbs.
- Examine and evaluate the needs of the patient in relation to disease and functional loss.
- Formulates and manufactures design of orthosis based on physician recommendations.
- Select materials, making cast measurements, model modifications, and layouts/
Perform fitting, including static and dynamic alignments.
- Evaluate device on patient and makes adjustments to assure fit, function, and quality of work.
- Instruct patient in use of the orthosis.
- Maintain patient records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain acceptable attendance performance in accordance with company attendance policy.
- Identify and reconcile issues/problems to ensure patient satisfaction with devices provided.
- Provide detailed clinical notes to patient records.
- Meet with physicians, case managers and other referral sources to review orthotic services and capabilities; develop and enhance business relationships to identify and secure ongoing and future sources or referrals.
- Adhere to all safety regulations; compliance with Medicare and other governmental regulations; compliance with blood borne and Occupational Safety and Health Administration. (OSHA).
- Degree in Orthotics or certification preferred.
- Extensive work with pediatrics would be a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in prosthetics and orthotics required.
- Ability to provide service to existing customers, and create new business.
- Ability to understand and meet patient and physician needs.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Strong decision making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Relationship driven with ability to be articulate and converse well with prospects, customers and medical staff.
- Excellent organizational, time management and follow up skills.
OrthoCare Solutions, Inc. will reward your talents with an attractive base salary of $80-85K, plus a generous bonus plan. You will also receive an excellent benefits plan including healthcare, disability, dental, vision and vacation. Cell phone and gas allowance are also provided.
If you are enjoy patient care and education, we encourage you to apply online now!
For more information about Orthocare Solutions, please visit www.orthocaresolutions.com.
Donna Wells, HR Consultant
orthotics / management / business development / life sciences / health products / medical devices / healthcare / certified orthotic fitter / DME / durable medical equipment / orthopedic appliances / Rockville / clinical specialist / orthopedic technician / orthotist / Gaithersburg / Bethesda