Project Manager / Electrical Contractor
Bogan & Associates, a Design Build & Construction Management firm, is hiring a Project Manager in Gaithersburg, MD.
Bogan & Associates is a premier Electrical Contractor with over with over 39 years of successful operations. We are a locally-owned leader in the Washington, DC Metropolitan market with a proven track record of working hand-in-hand with the region’s most respected and innovative general contractors, interior designers and lighting designers to deliver esthetic and functional results. This has led to work on well-known projects such as “The Kitchen” by Wolfgang Puck at Dulles International Airport and the Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University.
As our Project Manager, you will be responsible for overall project planning, scheduling, project accounting, and resource allocation. Provide technical direction and ensure compliance with quality standards. You will plan and organize the team to effectively carry out best practices for building goodwill and excellent client management. Using your knowledge of electrical construction disciplines, you will oversee projects from start to finish. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will lead the team to create a positive and interactive environment.
- Oversee construction projects from start to finish.
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification required resources.
- Work with the COO, APM, BD and Field Supervision to plan project “kick off.”
- Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and superintendent.
- Perform project accounting functions including budget, tracking expenses and minimizing exposure & risk in the project.
- Collaborate with the COO to devise the project works plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Lead and organize the team to complete projects with a strong focus on quality.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and within a predetermined schedule.
- Support business initiatives and procedures that drive excellence.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Electrical Engineering or a related field is preferred.
- 5 years in electrical contracting projects.
- Project Manager with overall project planning and scheduling experience.
- Good understanding of all MEP building systems.
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
- Technology savvy with strong skills in MS-Excel and familiarity with estimating software programs such as Electrical Bid Manager.
- Willingness to travel across project sites.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Bogan & Associates will reward your talents with a salary of $85-90K, plus bonus incentives. You will also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and paid vacation and holidays, plus a 401K.
If you enjoy leading a team, we encourage you to apply online!
To learn more about Bogan & Associates please visit: www.boganandassociates.com
Donna Wells, HR Consultant
General contractor / subcontractor / commercial construction / residential construction / bid coordinator / electrical engineer / estimator / project manager / engineering / project coordinator / general estimator / electrician / construction management / electrical bid manager / electrical contractor / MEP building systems / project planning / quality management / contract administration / superintendent / field foreman / assistant project manager