Account Manager / Manufacturer
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Mechanical Products, a circuit breaker manufacturer located in Lombard, IL is hiring an Account Manager.
Mechanical Products is a leading manufacturer of thermal circuit protection devices. MP develops high-quality circuit breakers for a wide variety of products and equipment. Our thermal circuit breakers protect people and equipment by sensing and preventing dangers associated with electrical overloads and over currents. For over 70 years, we have produced value-added turnkey products for many applications and markets. Our engineered solutions are designed to enhance product performance while maintaining cost efficiency.
As our Account Manager, you will develop sales strategies and coordinate sales action plans that establish key customer relationships. You will be responsible for new account development and expanding existing accounts in your territory. With a consultative approach and ability to make recommendations, your technical expertise will provide solutions and enable the customer to make an informed decision.
- Develop and implement effective sales plans across assigned geographic territory.
- Prospect for new opportunities and accounts.
- Systematically and effectively qualify and disqualify opportunities while communicating decisions.
- Maximize sales efforts to effectively, proactively and consistently identify prospects’ needs and pain,
- Research and understand target customers’ businesses and products and offer appropriate solutions through your solid understanding of our applications and products.
- Effectively negotiate with customers balancing sales goals and company interests.
- Deliver compelling and timely proposals to prospects while identifying the key decision makers.
- Follow-up on leads and quotations within assigned territory.
- Create plans for developing and managing territories to achieve periodic and annual goals.
- Demonstrate a consultative approach to make recommendations to existing and new customers.
- Identify problems within opportunities, communicate information and follow through with actions to address.
- 5+ years of Technical Sales or Sales Engineer experience.
- Sales experience with electrical or electronic component products to Industrial or Transportation (non-Automotive) OEM’s is a plus.
- Bachelor’s or Associates technical degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong business skills to include attitude, communication, teamwork, and professionalism.
- Demonstrate a consultative approach and ability to make recommendations to company prospects with solutions that meet their requirements.
- Productivity skills to include use of collaborative software tools, CRM and project management software is a plus.
- Responsive and efficient with details, follow-up, and time management.
- Ability to effectively conduct technical and sales presentations.
- Confident, hunter mentality with a strong work ethic and a success mindset.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Mechanical Products will reward your talents with a base salary of $75-110K, depending on experience, plus bonus. You will also receive a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, life insurance, short-term disability, vacation, and 11 paid holidays.
If you are looking for a growth opportunity in a technical solution sales role, we encourage you to apply now.
To learn more about Mechanical Products, please visit: www.mechprod.com
Donna Wells, HR Consultant
Sales engineer / industrial engineer / technical sales / account manager / electronic components / Mechanical Engineer / Electrical Engineer / manufacturing / manufacturer representative / technical applications / circuit breaker / industrial electronics / territory sales / thermal circuit protection devices / electrical engineered solutions / power distribution / industrial / electrical systems / transportation