Accounting Manager / HVAC Distributor
Chicago, IL 60618
Maddock Industries, Inc. an established, HVAC equipment distributor is hiring an Accounting Manager in Chicago, IL.
Maddock Industries is an established, medium sized, commercial HVAC provider with over 50 years of continuous operations. Representing manufacturers of commercial and industrial heating, ventilating & air conditioning equipment throughout Illinois and NW Indiana. Our customers are mechanical engineers, mechanical contractors, distributors and end users. Our commitment to selling only quality products and backing them with our service and support has helped our company grow since 1971.
As our Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for the general operation of our office. You will oversee the Administrative staff members and manage Payroll, Accounts Payable/Receivable, and Bookkeeping. You will be the liaison to our Outsourced Professional Services, and manage other accountabilities as requested. Reporting directly to the President, you will be an important team player in our advancing goals.
- Manage all aspects of payroll, including salesman’s monthly commission calculations, time sheets, and track sick days/vacations.
- Approve, enter and pay all monthly related service invoices.
- Negotiate pricing, manage proper level of service from office vendors, (trash, DSL, phones, office equipment, and utilities.)
- Manage cash flow and payments to vendors.
- Provide efficiency and accuracy for all products invoices, (manufacturer-price, quantities, correct items as well as shipping addresses and freight charges).
- Track warranty service on jobs, and confirm accuracy, and appropriate billing.
- Manage vendor expectations and timely payment.
- Oversee customer invoices, collections, and any special requests related to customer billing.
- Ensure manufacturers insurance certificates and proper coverage, customer waiver discrepancies and complete all electronic waivers.
- Manage all bookkeeping functions, including monthly bank reconciliations, year-end 1099 filing, month end closings, quarterly reports, estimated tax payments, loans and repayments.
- Collect monthly sales information and distribute to owners.
- Bachelor’s Degree or two to three years of related experience, and/or training or equivalent of education and experience.
- 3+ years of office management experience.
- Proven success at building rapport and communicating effectively.
- Solid math skills, problem solving and attention to detail.
- Computer savvy, with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and QuickBooks.
- Good at time management, organizing, planning and executing.
- Self-initiative with motivation to succeed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Maddock Industries, Inc. will reward your talents with a salary of $65-75K, plus bonus. You will receive a comprehensive benefit package including 100 % Employee Paid health, 401(k), paid vacation & holidays.
If you are a dedicated team player who can think on your feet, we encourage you to apply online.
To learn more about Maddock Industries, Inc. please visit: https://www.maddockindustries.com
Donna Wells, HR Consultant
Office manager / operations manager / bookkeeper / accounting / accounts receivable / accounts payable / HVAC / commercial contracting / controller / accounting manager