Application Engineer / Robotics
Indianapolis, IN 46220
Allied Automation Inc., an industrial technology distributor, is hiring an Application Engineer for Indianapolis, IN.
Allied Automation, Inc., is a well-established family owned, full service, high technology distributor located on the northeast side of Indianapolis. We provide manufacturing automation solutions to industry in the areas of motion control (Mitsubishi Electric, Emerson), collaborative robots, sensors, safety light curtains and scanners. Servicing the manufacturing community for over 35 years, Allied Automation continues to thrive in their industry. This company loves their employees as much as they love their clients!
“Whatever you need, we’re ready – with learning, support, the best products, and smart solutions that make a difference.”
As an Application Engineer, you will be part of a team that maintains and enhances the software and robotics solutions that we have created and support. When our customers experience functional software issues, your role will be to identify a solution and then make appropriate changes. Your assertiveness to jump in with both feet and diligently attack software and hardware issues will be essential to your success. Daily interaction with customers will provide you with the opportunity to stay in touch with user issues and to be a vital part of the customer experience that is a fundamental component of our company’s mission.
- Develop knowledge in the primary product areas, including Robotics, PLC, HMI, Servos/Motion Control, Safety Devices, Sensors and Networking and work with sales team
- Work with customers over the phone to assist in product selection, troubleshooting or functionality of our products
- Provide onsite services to assist customers in startup or troubleshooting
- Develop knowledge in the primary product areas, including Robotics, PLC, HMI, Servos/Motion Control, Safety Devices, Sensors and Networking.
- Consult with Sales Engineers on opportunities
- Consistently use software to document support activities, and to coordinate with the support team.
- Travel is required; mainly Central / Southern Ohio – occasional domestic travel may be required for training
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing or industrial automation preferred.
- Must possess an Associate’s degree in Mechanical / Electrical or Technical Field (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
- Experience troubleshooting applications
- PLC programming knowledge
- Self-motivated and eager to learn high tech concepts
- Ability to work with people, handle and deal with high pressure situations successfully.
- Must be able to travel to customer locations to troubleshoot installations or perform upgrades
- Creative problem-solving skills that are demonstrated with swift confidence.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with customers effectively.
- The ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Work effectively in an environment with shifting priorities.
- Necessary time management skills to handle a consistently high level of activity.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Allied Automation will reward your business acumen with a base salary of $70K - $90K, plus a lucrative incentive program based on experience. You will also receive a competitive benefit package that includes, health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)retirement plan.
If you thrive on problem solving daily challenges, we encourage you to apply online now.
To learn more about Allied Automation, visit: www.allied-automation.com
Donna Wells, HR Consultant
manufacturing / automation solutions / industrial / application / programming / technology / manufacturing automation solutions / engineering / field tech / software / hardware / troubleshooting / robotics