Portland, OR 97220
Finishing Technologies, a finishing equipment distributor is hiring a Controller in Portland, OR.
Finishing Technologies is the largest full-service technical finishing equipment distributor in the Pacific Northwest serving the aerospace, transportation, metal fabricators, wood finishing, military and marine industries. As a leader in the finishing equipment industry, we take pride in our superior product-lines including numerous exclusive industrial suppliers. Finishing Technologies provides quality products, innovative solutions and world-class service and equipment repair.
As our Controller, you will deliver financial reporting and analysis that will help the owner make educated financial decisions that advance the company’s growth strategy. Your hands-on understanding of the closing cycle, cost accounting, and other routine accounting functions will be essential to your success. Reporting to the owner, your ability to effectively manage job costing for our construction & installation projects will bring significant value to our growing business.
- Perform General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and other day to day accounting responsibilities.
- Manage daily cash flow, deposits, and receivable collections.
- Manage month-end closing process including account reconciliation and operating expense analysis.
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements according to GAAP.
- Identify, create, document and implement internal controls.
- Generate and analyze job costing reports for construction projects.
- Manage annual budget process and coordinate financial expectations with each department.
- Manage HR, biweekly payroll, and 401(k) compliance responsibilities.
- Provide leadership and coaching to team members.
- Work closely with the owner and timely communicate financial data or issues.
- Assist CPA firm with yearly review and tax return preparation.
- BS in Accounting or finance required. CPA helpful, but not required.
- 3+ years of experience as a Controller with strong job costing knowledge.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and capable of generating financial statements according to GAAP.
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred or other like-kind accounting software.
- Professional judgment and strong problem-solving skills.
- Detailed oriented with excellent planning and organization skills.
- Leader and team player that communicates and works effectively across all departments.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Finishing Technologies will reward your accounting talents with a salary of $70-75K. You will enjoy a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, retirement plan with company match, and paid vacation, sick & holiday time.
If you are an accomplished Controller, we encourage you to apply online now.
To learn more about Finishing Technologies, please visit: http://www.finishing-technologies.com/
Tammy Prehoda, HR Consultant
Controller / director of accounting / accounting manager / CPA / bookkeeper / accounting / accountant / construction / job costing / senior accountant / CFO