Embedded Systems Engineer / Product Development
141 Burnett Drive , Durango, CO 81301 Denver, CO 80205
SoundTraxx, a sound system manufacturer, is hiring an Embedded Systems Engineer in Durango, Colorado.
SoundTraxx, located in Durango, CO, is a well-established design and manufacturer of state-of-the-art electronics for the model train industry. Our innovative product line offers sound, lighting and other DCC technologies including digital sound decoders, DCC mobile decoders, lighting decoders, installation accessories, and speakers. Since 1990, SoundTraxx has been developing the latest innovative electronics for discriminating model railroaders.
As our Embedded Systems Engineer, you will design, develop, test and document new software, firmware and hardware systems for SoundTraxx products. You will also support, maintain and improve existing designs. In addition to product development with an emphasis on design-for-manufacturability, you will provide engineering support to the production floor. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will drive product innovation and become an instrumental member of our team as we continue to grow our business.
- Design, develop, code, test, debug, analyze and implement software architecture for embedded devices and systems.
- Design, build, test, and document prototypes with a focus on design-for-manufacturability.
- Update and maintain software for our OEM customers.
- Create hardware concept designs: capture initial customer requirements, provide theory of operation, identify input/output requirements
- Create test protocols and end-of-line test requirements, perform design validation testing and participate in external testing for EMC and ESD compliance.
- Champion all documentation: time, cost and resource estimates, issue or respond to Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), update Source Control Documents (SCDs), update processes, and maintain other Engineering documentation.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineer to provide technical support and recommendations to enhance production and quality control.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- 5+ years of Embedded Systems Engineering experience, preferably in a medium volume manufacturing environment.
- Attention to detail with good analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple processes simultaneously.
- Possess a high level of drive, energy and integrity.
- Solid programming experience in C or C++ and proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting of embedded targets.
- Experience with proper design and file structure documentation.
- Familiar with systems configuration management, defect tracking, and paper review tools.
- Basic knowledge in electronics and digital circuitry with ability to read schematics and data sheets.
- Good time management, scheduling and prioritization skills with ability to make effective decisions.
- Altium, Labview, IDE software experience desired.
- Equipment experience desired includes spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, load testing, data acquisition tools, and thermal chambers.
- Must have experience with analog circuit design, digital hardware design, circuit board design, single-chip microcontrollers.
- Experience and/or knowledge of digital signal algorithm development is desired.
- Experience with audio circuit and sound editing is helpful.
- Must be able to work onsite in our new facility in Durango, CO. We are very open to candidates willing to relocate to Durango.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
SoundTraxx will reward your experience with a compensation package of $90K - $110K. You will also receive a fully-paid health care plan, retirement plan, vacation, and our free onsite fitness room. Enjoy our local Durango community that embraces outdoor activity and laid-back atmosphere.
If you thrive on problem solving and innovative technology, we encourage you to apply online now.
To learn more about SoundTraxx, visit: www.soundtraxx.com
Donna Wells, HR Consultant
product development / manufacturing / engineering / embedded software / hardware / firmware / EMC / ESD / circuit boards / product development / quality control / electro static discharge / electric magnetic compatibility / model train / digital circuitry / digital sound technology / digital sound decoder / DCC / Digital command control