Field Service / Manufacturing
Noblesville, IN 46060 | Remote Friendly
Shuttleworth, a division of PROMACH Product Handling, is hiring a Field Service Technician in Huntington, IN. Will consider candidates in other US locations.
Shuttleworth is the integrated handling solutions division of PROMACH. As part of PROMACH’s custom machinery and material handling business line, Shuttleworth’s integrated product handling offers solutions to increase efficiency, maximize profitability, and minimize risk. Automotive, electronics, paper conversion, pharmaceuticals, food, health, beauty markets and beyond, manufacturers across the globe rely on Shuttleworth. PROMACH is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and Asia.
As our Mechatronics Technician, you will provide technical support for automated packaging solutions handling equipment in customer warehouses and distribution centers. You will work with PLC Engineers, and Software Developers to install, troubleshoot, maintain and repair mechanical and electrical controls related to Shuttleworth’s conveyance and custom machinery. Reporting to the Aftermarket Manager, you will ensure all systems are running at peak efficiency.
- Detailed positioning, installation, troubleshooting, repair and optimization of mechanical and electrical componentry.
- Work on mechanical assembly of frames, motors, drives, chain, bearings and supports.
- Strong familiarity with basic settings, operations, and diagnostic work for PLC’s, primarily Allen Bradley Compact logic.
- Perform basic wire routing from source to point of use, including 120 V, 480 V, control and network communication wiring and sensors.
- Remove and relocate equipment and dismantle machines and equipment to gain access to problem areas.
- Provide, direct and coordinate all mechanical and electrical forces to disconnect required equipment at main disconnects, and reconnect equipment per designated termination points on drawings.
- Conduct visual inspection and monitoring of machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunction.
- Troubleshoot and document as-built and installation conditions and modifications.
- Receive information and instruction from Shuttleworth’s site leader, process, and technical documentation and diagrams.
- Inspect and measure parts to detect and evaluate wear, misalignment and remove and replace defective parts, align and adjust components.
- Train internal and external customers to increase system knowledge, resolve and prevent issues from recurring.
- 5+ years of equipment experience with machine testing, validation, preventative maintenance and repair.
- Accredited vocational or engineering technical degree.
- 5+ yrs of equivalent industrial systems and machine experience.
- Experience with industrial automation and the assembly of manufacturing equipment.
- Extensive systems and PLC troubleshooting experience.
- Thorough working knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Prior experience reading electrical prints and schematics.
- Basic computer skills, Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication skills, team player, and professional presence.
- Detail oriented, organized, time management, and self-motivated.
- Valid driver’s license and able to travel to other sites for installations and repair of equipment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
PROMACH will reward your technical talents with an attractive base salary based on experience. With the competitive base and significant overtime, annual income often exceeds $85,000+. As a PROMACH employee, you will receive more than just a paycheck. Compensation includes a comprehensive medical/dental program, life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan, including company match and a wellness program.
If you enjoy mechanical problem solving, we encourage you to apply online now.
To learn more about PROMACH, please visit https://www.ProMachBuilt.com
Donna Wells, Sr. HR Consultant
Mechanical Engineer / engineering / technical / industrial automation / packaging / electrical / pneumatic / hydraulic systems / mechanical equipment / manufacturing / PLC / troubleshooting / handling solutions / mechanical controls / Allen Bradley / technical diagrams / Field service technician / mechatronics / programmable logic controller /