General Manager / Municipal Utility
Indianapolis, IN Indianapolis, IN 46278
Our client, an electric, water and wastewater utilities in central Indiana, is hiring a General Manager.
Lebanon Utilities is a municipally owned electric, water, wastewater and telecommunications utility serving the City of Lebanon, Indiana and some areas outside its corporate boundaries. Lebanon Utilities is a member of the Indiana Municipal Power Agency and the American Public Power Association.
As our General Manager, your management and leadership experience will positively impact the success of our operations. You will facilitate, plan, organize, direct and control the activities and processes of our utility operations in accordance to federal and state laws, rules and regulations within a growing community. Reporting to a Board of Directors, this high-energy, hands-on role is responsible for setting and implementing the company strategy for engineering, accounting, quality, human resources, customer service, and IT. With 50+ employees, your leadership will effectively steer our team to exemplary performance and service to our community. You will wear many hats and will need to think and execute like a small business owner, yet within the guidelines of a regulated, governmental agency.
- Effectively manage, develop and mentor management team and staff.
- Oversee daily operations including process, procedure, budget, scheduling, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Develop an annual operating budget for approval by the Board of Directors and effectively operate the utility within budget.
- Prepare and report to the Board of Directors on monthly basis and implement policy developed by the Board of Directors.
- Present rate increases to Board, City Council, and Mayor’s office.
- Prepare for regulatory audits and ensure that all recordkeeping is in compliance.
- Serve as liaison with outside professional consultants (engineer and construction firms), governmental entity representatives and community citizens.
- Oversee public relations activities by serving as the spokesperson for our agency and working with consultants pertaining to news releases, media, and marketing plans.
- Use your strategic master mind to manage conflicting agendas (within a political environment) and bring them to a win-win resolution.
- 10+ years of business management or general operations experience, preferably with a leadership role within a government agency.
- Bachelor degree preferably in business, finance, engineering, or operations. MBA preferred.
- Confident leader and effective communicator that knows how to build consensus inside and outside the organization.
- Embraces people management and effectively develops and mentor team members.
- Relevant experience effectively working with board of directors.
- Experience with electric, water, chemical processing, wastewater management, and/or contract management a plus.
- Experience developing and managing budgets with a high level of responsibility and accountability for all operations.
- Practical understanding of how governmental entities operate from a board and compliance perspective.
- Practical understanding of construction project management or relevant experience in land development is preferable.
- Critical thinking and sound judgment that can be effectively applied to strategy and execution.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Lebanon Utilities will reward your management and leadership talents with an attractive 6-figure compensation package based on your experience and qualifications. Your benefit package also includes a medical insurance, retirement plan, and PTO.
If you are a driven leader with effective day to day managerial abilities, we encourage you to apply online now.
To learn more about Lebanon Utilities, please visit: https://www.lebanon-utilities.com/
Donna Wells, HR Consultant
Manager / management / operations manager / plant manager / engineer / engineering / environmental controls / electric utility / water utility / waste water management / environmental services / wastewater operator / chemical processing / Indianapolis / real estate development / construction / land development / president / vice president / district manager / public power / energy