Inside Sales / Automotive Parts
Coan Engineering, a high performance racing component manufacturer, is hiring an Inside Sales representative in Kokomo, IN.
Coan Engineering is a globally recognized leader in the design and manufacturing of high performance transmissions, torque converters, and related components. Since 1976, our “Winning Combination” implements the most advanced design and manufacturing techniques in the industry. Headquartered in Kokomo, Indiana, Coan Engineering has dynamic growth opportunities in the drag, dirt oval, off-road, monster truck and street racing markets.
As a member of our Inside Sales team, you will be responsive to customers’ incoming phone calls and product inquiries. Advise on solutions, provide product recommendations, and troubleshoot customers’ performance issues. Use your product knowledge and relationship building skills to build rapport and deliver exceptional customer service for current and new customers. We have a unique industry niche and our phones ring all day, so never a dull moment. Work closely with our Technical Sales department to assist performance enthusiasts, racers, and installation facilities who require complex solutions. Reporting to the owner, you have the opportunity for a stable career within a dynamic growth business.
- Answer high volume incoming customer calls with responsiveness.
- Offer technical expertise and make product recommendations to our customers.
- Write up customer orders and forward to front office for order entry.
- Follow-up with key customers to enhance customer relationship and provide technical support after the sale.
- Consult with our Technical Sales department on complex technical customer needs.
- Enhance product knowledge daily and embrace the racing industry.
- Establish new retail accounts and establish new “Dealer” accounts.
- Help generate a greater on-line presence to boost on-line sales.
- Represent company at Performance Racing Industry Trade Shows.
- Prior sales experience is desired, yet willing to train for sales if you have the right sales aptitude.
- College level education and/or Automotive Tech and Performance Parts experience are a plus.
- Excellent communication and phone listening skills to build rapport quickly with customers.
- Initiative with ability to self-manage time and concurrent projects.
- Customer service minded that builds customer loyalty.
- Proficient computer skills (email, keyboarding, etc.) with social media knowledge.
- High level automotive knowledge is preferred.
- Personal experience with Drag Racing or other Motor Sports is beneficial.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Coan Engineering will reward your sales talents with a base salary and quarterly bonus incentive plan that delivers a total compensation package of $40k-$55k, depending on experience. You will also receive a competitive benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k)retirement plan with company match, vacation, and paid holidays.
If you are driven individual who loves to engage with customers, we encourage you to apply online now.
To learn more about Coan Engineering, visit: www.coanracing.com
Tammy Prehoda, HR Consultant
sales / inside sales / account manager / customer service / sales representative / call center / sales associate
auto parts / account representative / sales consultant / sales executive / auto racing / auto manufacturing / performance racing / motor sports