Operations Director / Interior Design
111 Rockville Pike, Suite 425 , Rockville, MD 20850 Rockville, MD 20850
Hartman Design Group, an interior design firm, is hiring an Operations Director in the Rockville, MD or Washington D.C. area.
Hartman Design Group, a dynamic interior design firm, creates designs for multi-family projects, model homes, commercial environments, and renovations. Our holistic approach to design projects is the force behind interiors that are aesthetic, practical and effectively communicate our clients’ brand image. For over 30 years, Hartman Design Group has been a partner with our clients turning visions into clear results with “Interiors that Inspire . . . Projects that Succeed.”
Can you balance Big Picture planning with day to day details?
Are you a little bossy, yet love working with team players to get results?
Do you enjoy a variety of responsibilities and can shift gears effortlessly?
As our Operations Director, or if you prefer Director of Everything, your leadership will have a positive impact on departmental performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability. Coordinate, manage and monitor our core design operations from procurement (project acquisition) and document processing to production schedules and people management. Develop uniform high production standards and ensure quality and production standards are met for all design and contract documents. You will play a key role in staff development and overall operations. Reporting to the President, tap into your design background to lead and direct a dynamic team of creative professionals who excel in the design process.
- Direct projects from start to finish (Proposal, Award, Design & Document Process, Completion.)
- Lead and direct activities of all project team personnel while monitoring technical production on all projects to insure quality standards and productivity.
- Oversee production and timelines of client design projects.
- Manage 6 direct reports on design team along with 8+ indirect reports in other departments.
- Champion best practices that improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals.
- Manage the people side of HR including staff development, mentoring, and evaluations.
- Support the President in the implementation of the company business plan.
- 6+ years of operational or project management within the interior design, architectural, or design - build arena.
- Bachelors’ Degree is required, preferably in interior design, architecture or related field.
- Knowledge and proficient with AutoCAD and Revit a plus.
- Excellent project & team management skills that effectively balances competing priorities and deadlines.
- Assertive and driven to move projects along with a sense of urgency that our clients expect.
- Proven leadership and communication skills that foster team cooperation and personal accountability.
- Tenacity to challenge the status quo by using your leadership, critical thinking skills, and proactive approach to champion process improvements.
- Goal-oriented with an entrepreneurial spirit to advance the firm.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Hartman Design Group will reward your experience and talents with an attractive salary of $90-110k plus bonus depending on your strengths and experience level. You will also receive a benefit package that includes a 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, and PTO.
If you are a dynamic, assertive leader who can enthusiastically direct a team of creative minded professionals, we encourage you to apply online now!
To learn more about Hartman Design Group, please visit: www.hartmandesigngroup.com
Tammy Prehoda, HR Consultant
Safari Solutions on behalf of Hartman Design Group
VP / Vice President / Director of Operations / Operations Manager / Chief Operating Officer / COO / Director of Finance / Executive / GM / General Manager / project manager / Business Manager / HR / Human Resource Manager / real estate / AutoCAD / commercial design / Revit / building design / design build