Operations Manager / DOT Compliance
400 Lafayette Rd, Noblesville, IN 46060 Noblesville, IN 46060
National Transportation Consultants, a consulting firm specializing in motor carrier safety and compliance, is hiring a Director of Operations in Indianapolis.
National Transportation Consultants, based in Noblesville, IN, offers cost-effective solutions combined with expert resources to enhance the safety and compliance of fleets, their equipment and their drivers.
Our programs are designed to keep companies in compliance with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations and Hazardous Materials Regulations. Our clients are generally businesses that need a fleet of trucks to operate their business, such as utility and construction companies.
As our Director of Operations, bring all your energy each day to manage the operations of a premiere provider of motor carrier safety and compliance services. As an organized and process-oriented self-starter, embrace the discovery of the root cause of an issue and develop an action plan to work towards a satisfactory resolution. Reporting directly to the President, you will lead a team of compliance specialists as they implement client specific DOT safety and compliance programs.
- Manage operations by ensuring the delivery of comprehensive outsourced safety services to motor carriers across the United States.
- Manage a team of compliance specialists specializing in driver qualification, hours of service and maintenance files.
- Identify and develop resources and tools required to meet client expectations with continuously improving efficiency.
- Set employee / team goals and objectives for client work product and track progress.
- Provide training and feedback to ensure ongoing employee development.
- Manage workflow to ensure throughput of complete and accurate client reporting.
- Ensure that people and processes are aligned to deliver consistent results for NTCI’s clients.
- Assist in resolving escalated client issues.
- Utilize NTCI’s network of consultants to provide expert opinions and best practices related to motor carrier safety and compliance.
- Participate in strategic planning to ensure the ongoing growth and sustainability of the business.
- Professionally represent the company with clients, suppliers, marketing partners and industry associations.
- 10+ years of relevant managerial or leadership responsibilities.
- Experience in law enforcement, motor carrier safety and compliance and/or consulting a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration is preferred.
- A respectful, confident decision-maker with good listening and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create clear goals on individual and team levels, train, coach and discipline.
- Demonstrate confidence, tact, patience, and diplomacy while dealing with complex problems and tight deadlines.
- Ability to produce creative ideas to improve customer service standards.
- Organized with an ability to effectively prioritize workload while maintaining attention to accuracy and detail.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills – oral and written – with an ability to interact with people across all levels from drivers to CEOs.
- Ability to maintain composure and react professionally during periods of stress.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, initiative and make sound decisions based on multiple data sources.
- Proficiency in various computer programs including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Willingness and ability to learn new software programs.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
National Transportation Consultants will reward your management talents with a competitive compensation plan, including base salary and bonus plan. Total compensation expected to be $50K -70K, depending on qualifications. You will also receive a generous benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability, and SIMPLE IRA with matching employer contributions.
If you love managing people and projects, we encourage you to apply online now.
To learn more about National Transportation Consultants, visit: https://www.ntconsult.com
Tammy Prehoda, SR HR Consultant
safety regulations / motor carrier / transportation / director of operations / project manager / project management / trucking / driver safety / vehicle maintenance / DOT regulations / Department of Transportation / motor carrier compliance