Outside Sales / Retail
Chicago, IL 60608
Datascan, a self-scan inventory data solutions provider, is hiring a Field Sales Representative in the Chicago area and in the Greater New York area. These positions are remote / home based.
Datascan provides a wide range of self-scan inventory data solutions developed for the objective of transforming raw data into valuable information for retail clients. Our company has 20+ years expertise in retail and self-scan inventory solutions supporting 100,000 store inventory counts annually in 47 countries. Our self-scan approach allows our clients to customize their inventory process to retrieve data that is accurate, useful and available real-time at the store and corporate retail levels. Datascan is well-positioned for future growth as our product niche is booming.
As a Field Sales Representative, you will join forces with our inside sales team to deliver a powerful, collaborative selling approach. In this key client-facing sales role, you will sell directly into new & existing accounts within an established geographical territory. (Two open territories: Greater New York Area and Greater Chicago/Ohio River Valley Area.) Use your sales experience in retail technology solutions to successfully manage our highly consultative and complex sales cycle. Reporting to the Sales Director, you will drive sales results with large retail chain organizations (30+ stores) targeting C-Level executives in Inventory Control, Lost Prevention, Retail Operations and Finance.
- Execute on-site and remote selling to C-Level executives.
- Coordinate with other team members to support account sales and strategies.
- Become a trusted advisor to key customer influencers and decisions makers while understanding client decision making process.
- Lead and orchestrate proof of concept project; educate client & collect specifications, liaise with business analyst, and meet due dates.
- Identify client issues, understand value, set priorities and provide solutions based upon offerings.
- Negotiate price and contracts ($100k - $200k average annual contracts).
- Maintain and track sales activity and pipeline.
- Effectively qualify, control and close throughout the sales process.
- 3+ years of experience in B2B software sales and managing a complex, consultative solution selling cycle.
- Proven ability in territory management, quota management and forecasting.
- Effective communication and coordination with remote teams.
- Previous retail experience and/or existing retailer relationships a plus.
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Proven success with an Inside/Outside Sales Team Model.
- Able to successfully engage with both technical and business teams.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Must be willing to travel and work some weekends for “proof of concept” programs.
- Valid passport required as there can be some travel into Canada.
- Regional travel 50-60% with a quarterly trip to Dallas Headquarters.
- Embraces and prospers within an entrepreneurial-style role.
- Hunter/closer mentality with strong desire to drive results.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Datascan will reward your sales talents with a competitive base salary of $100K plus an uncapped variable incentive plan. Annual first year income targeted at $170K-$200K. You will also receive a benefits package including medical, dental, life, 401(k) with generous company match, PTO, and travel expense reimbursement.
This is a home-based sales role and preferred locations include Chicago, New Jersey, New York, or Philadelphia.
If you are driven for sales success, we encourage you to apply online now.
To learn more about Datascan, please visit www.datascan.com
Donna Wells, Senior Recruiter/HR Consultant
Sales / outside sales / regional sales / territory sales / business development / sales manager / district sales / Chicago / New Jersey / New York / Philadelphia / SaaS / technology sales / cyber security / account executive / sales representative