Payroll Specialist / PEO
9957 Crosspoint Boulevard , Indianapolis, IN 46256 Indianapolis, IN 46250
WorkSmart Systems, a Professional Employer Organization is hiring a Payroll Specialist in Indianapolis.
WorkSmart Systems is a well-established and growing Indianapolis based Professional Employer Organization (PEO) that delivers a complete suite of human resource services targeted to small businesses. PEO’s help companies manage payroll, employee benefits, and human resource functions. Serving over 200 client companies with co-employees in 43 states, WorkSmart Systems has established itself as a leading provider of PEO services for the past 20 years.
As a Payroll Specialist on our growing team, you will assist clients and worksite employees with their payroll needs. Our “client-based” model will provide you the opportunity to learn more than you would in a typical payroll department. The variety of working with different businesses will keep each day new and refreshing.
- Process multi-state payrolls for multiple unique client companies spanning various pay frequencies
- Resolve timekeeping issues
- Process all client new hires through E-Verify
- Partner with HR to ensure setup of accurate payroll and benefit deductions
- Process and maintain garnishment orders
- Identify, calculate and process all pay adjustments (i.e. retro pay, fringe benefits, imputed income)
- Implement voluntary and involuntary deductions
- Process new hires and terminations
- Generate off-cycle payrolls and manual checks
- Coordinate the year-end process to ensure timely issuance of accurate Form W-2s
- Assist manager with researching tax issues and preparing W-2c's as needed.
- Review and resolve bank issues (ACH returns/rejects, check exceptions).
- Respond timely and professionally to client/employee inquiries
- Establish and maintain good professional relations with assigned client company contacts, accounting, HR, and IT teams that partner with payroll.
- CPP certification preferred
- 2 or more years payroll processing experience optimal
- Knowledge of processing payroll in an ERP system; ideal candidate will also have experience with time & labor system
- Proficiency with MS Office (especially Excel)
- Working experience with payroll taxes at the federal, state and local levels
- Working experience with garnishment processing
- Proven attention to detail, good organizational and prioritizing skills and ability to multi-task and work in a rapidly expanding and changing environment
- Ability to be self-motivated and proactive
- Collaborative approach and experience working well with teams
- Excellent customer/client service skills
- Successfully pass background checks and drug testing
- Hours – 8-5 M-F
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
WorkSmart Systems will reward your talents with a competitive hourly rate of $17-23/hour. You will also receive an exceptional benefit package that includes a retirement plan, medical, dental, disability, life, supplemental insurance, paid vacation and holidays.
If you embrace accuracy and enjoy client interaction, we encourage you to apply online now.
For more information about WorkSmart Systems, visit www.worksmartpeo.com
Tammy Prehoda, HR Consultant
Payroll / payroll coordinator / payroll clerk / accounts payable / accounts receivable / accounting / accounting clerk / accounting assistant / bookkeeper / administrative assistant / HR / human resources / HR assistant