Purchasing / Manufacturing
3736 Vanguard Dr, Fort Wayne, IN 46819 Fort Wayne, IN 46819 US
EPCO Products, Inc, a world recognized manufacturer of Marine OEM Products and the Motor Route Product Line, is hiring a Purchasing Manager / Buyer in Fort Wayne, IN.
As our Purchasing Manager / Buyer, you will be responsible for planning and directing all Purchasing Department functions. Reporting directly to the President, you will communicate frequently with vendors and work interchangeably with the Accounting Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Sales Manager, and other members of the team. Use your critical thinking mindset to oversee processes and procedures, with the primary responsibility of managing acquisition and timely supply of goods and services. We are a growth-oriented company where team members are recognized for their achievements and improvement contributions.
- Plan and direct all Purchasing Department functions for the acquisition of goods and services.
- Establish, implement, review, and offer opportunities for improvement policies and procedures for the department.
- Provide cost and vendor analysis for goods and services, identifying opportunities for supply consolidation programs.
- Challenge cost increases, negotiate cost/quality services as required. Develop and implement cost reductions/savings.
- Monitor supplier performance, resolve supplier delinquencies and develop new sources of supply and service.
- Provide supplier documentation and justification for purchases. Confer with other EPCO personnel on relevant problems and is responsible for problem resolution.
- Manage and evaluate for additional utilization of the computerized purchasing programs.
- Direct and verify scheduled inventories.
- Responsible for the KanBan / Pull Method of manufacturing techniques to insure the proper inventory levels and elimination of obsolete items.
- Establish, maintain, and monitor Buyer performance metrics such as inventory turns, material cost history, material availability and vendor quality issues.
- Participate and assist in operation, development, and implementation of EPCO’s soon to be active bar code scanning program.
- Perform the duties of Safety Director.
- 4+ years of Purchasing / Buyer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years’ experience using MRP purchasing software.
- Critical thinker with the ability to organize tasks, records, and schedules effectively.
- Forward planner who is well-organized, self-directed, and results oriented.
- Able to analyze information, formulate plans, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans.
- Demonstrates great attention to detail with a focus on high quality of service and product.
- Operating within an ISO Registered Program. EPCO is an ISO 9001:2015 registered company and was first registered in 2002.
- Strong knowledge of sourcing goods and services.
- Experience with computer purchasing / inventory systems and willingness to learn manual processes and procedures.
- Experience in vendor ISO audits.
- Knowledgeable of and experience working with the Pull Method of Manufacturing (Kan-Ban).
- Six Sigma would be a welcome plus.
- Excels in a team-oriented environment with a positive approach.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
EPCO will reward your purchasing expertise with a compensation of $70-80K based on your experience and proven successful accomplishments. You will be eligible to participate in EPCO's 100% employer paid health insurance program. EPCO provides a 4% match with its 100% vested 401(k)program. In addition, you will receive vacation / holiday pay and tuition reimbursement. You will participate in EPCO's Gainsharing Program with the opportunity to earn bonuses with no bonus % limit every 4 weeks! Purchasing is a full-time office position and because of EPCO's products and many of the industries / customers EPCO supplies, EPCO is deemed to be classified as an Essential Company.
EPCO has not experienced an employment disruption or lay off for more than 20 years.
If you enjoy purchasing and working collaboratively with managers across all departments, we encourage you to apply online now.
EPCO, based in Fort Wayne, Indiana, is a leading manufacturer and supplier of products for the fluid power, diesel engine and marine industries. EPCO’s Zero-Leak Gold Plugs are sold worldwide through three domestic and international marketing channels along with two additional product lines. Founded in 1969. EPCO’s Zero-Leak Gold Plugs have become the most reliable and cost-effective fluid power sealing options in multiple industries. EPCO utilizes state of the art automation, recognized production and inspection equipment. EPCO is a US Senate Productivity Award Recipient.
To learn more about EPCO Products, Inc. visit: www.zeroleak.com
Tammy Prehoda, HR Consultant
Purchasing / Buyer / Inventory / manufacturing / Kan Ban / Pull Method of Manufacturing / ISO 9001 / Six Sigma / cost analysis / performance metrics / bar code scanning program / diesel engine / fluid power / supplier / material cost / medical purchasing / accounting / hydraulic fluid / procurement / negotiation / motors