Retail Manager / Garden Center
Lake Bluff, IL 60044
Pasquesi Home and Gardens is hiring a Retail Plant Department Manager in Lake Bluff, IL.
Pasquesi Home and Gardens’ has a long, successful retail history in the north suburbs of Chicago. Our 50,000 sq. ft. lifestyle center offers an amazing collection of outdoor plants, indoor plants, home décor and gifts. Family owned for over 40 years, Pasquesi Home and Gardens has helped homeowners enhance the look and ambiance of their homes with selections that fit their taste and style. Our business has demonstrated continual growth and we expect strong revenue growth going forward.
As our Plant Department Manager, you will be an ambassador for the Pasquesi brand and drive revenue growth for your $3M+ department. Your flair for managing staff, building customer loyalty, and keeping a keen eye on inventory with be a successful blend of skills. Enjoy this year-round role working in our beautiful Belgium built greenhouse and our upscale lifestyle center. Reporting to the Store Manager, you have the opportunity for a stable career within a dynamic growth business.
- Drive department sales and develop customer loyalty.
- Build customer relationships with your horticulture knowledge and personalized customer service.
- Manage, mentor and develop full-time and part-time staff members.
- Open and close the store.
- Assume store manager responsibilities on the Store Manager’s days off.
- Oversee and manage inventory and merchandising.
- Assist buyers with ordering and product inventory.
- Continually enhance your plant product knowledge.
- 5+ years of Retail management experience with revenues of $1M+.
- Gardening or horticulture experience either through work experience or as a hobby.
- Successful track record of managing staff members and developing a cohesive team with a customer service focus.
- Sales experience is helpful or have a natural aptitude for sales.
- Passion for engaging with customers and able to approach repeat customers by name.
- Decisive, confident, friendly, outgoing, consultative, and helpful.
- College degree preferred, yet not required.
- Good physical stamina to work on your feet all day and lift heavy product items.
- Able to work a varied work schedule depending on seasonal demands, including weekends.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Pasquesi Home and Gardens will reward your retail talents with a $60K base salary. You will also receive a competitive benefit package that includes health, 401(k)retirement plan, vacation and sick pay.
If you are driven individual who loves to engage with customers, we encourage you to apply online now.
To learn more about Pasquesi Home and Gardens, visit: www.pasquesi.com
Tammy Prehoda, HR Consultant