Sales Engineer - Industrial Automation
Kansas City, MO US
HTE Technologies, a Midwest leader in industrial automation, is hiring a Sales Engineer based in Kansas City for its HTE Automation business unit.
As our Sales Engineer, you will manage all field sales in your territory for our entire line of robots (collaborative, traditional, mobile), automation conveyors, machine vision, PLC, HMI, VFD, servo motion, sensing, and wiring solutions. This is a proactive new business development sales role targeting end users, machine builders, integrators, and OEMs. Collaborate with other individuals from our sales and marketing team on strategic opportunities where teamwork is necessary to earn new business. Expand our base of business at assigned or newly found accounts. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Sales, join a company that is committed to helping every employee maximize their talents and realize their aspirations.
- Drive new business efforts and achieve defined quota.
- Monitor progress toward goals to reach objectives.
- Initiate and develop contact with key and target customers.
- Follow up with sales leads and schedule customer visits.
- Conduct product and solution demonstrations at customer sites.
- Convert customer inquiries into quotes to provide solutions.
- Monitor accounts and project coordination.
- Coordinate evaluations utilizing the Applications Engineering team.
- Coordinate quotes and sales collateral distribution to customers with Inside Sales.
- Maintain and continuously update project information for CRM.
- Assist at trade shows and other marketing events.
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing or technical sales preferred.
- Proven sales experience using a defined sales process to deliver results.
- Track record for exceeding sales targets.
- Proven success at building rapport and productive customer relationships through effective communication at all levels (e.g. maintenance staff to C-level)
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Willing and open to learning new methods/processes.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- MS Office proficiency and sufficiency with web-based CRM tools.
- Able to travel up to 50% within territory.
- High energy, confident, and driven with a disciplined work ethic.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
HTE Technologies will reward your sales talents with a base salary of $80k-$90k, plus a commission incentive program. Total first year compensation expected to be $100k-$120k+. You will receive a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, and life insurance, long-term disability, paid time off, holidays, an FSA Tax Sheltered Health Savings Plan, and a 401(k) retirement plan. We will provide a cell phone, fuel credit card for travel expenses, car allowance and all business expenses are reimbursed.
If you are a proven sales producer in automation solutions or material handling, we encourage you to apply online.
HTE Automation, a business unit of HTE Technologies based in St. Louis, MO, is the regional leader in supporting local manufacturers to exceed production through-put goals. Our focus is on delivering proven, rapid ROI equipment solutions for Robotics, PLC, HMI, Machine Vision, Safety, Conveyors and Parts Feeders, and advanced factory automation solutions. We help companies with advanced technology solutions to overcome persistent production problems and to meet the demands created on our customer’s plant floor. HTE Automation serves the needs of industrial manufacturers in Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois.
To learn more about HTE Automation and HTE Technologies, vist:
Miranda Fogle, Recruiter
Business development / manufacturing / industrial / sales / account manager / manufacturing automation solutions / account executive / territory account manage / outside sales / sales rep / district sales / territory sales / sales engineers / industrial sales / technical sales / automation / Kansas City, MO / robotics / field sales / regional sales / material handling / electrical / robotics sales / industrial automation / conveyor /