Sales Engineer / Technical / Manufacturing
Cleveland, OH 44101 | Remote Friendly
Catalyst Sales, Inc. a manufacturer’s rep firm is seeking a Sales Engineer for Cleveland and NE Ohio.
Catalyst Sales, Inc. is a component and design solutions-based Manufacturer's Representative firm. As a professional sales organization representing leading manufacturers of electronic components, electro-mechanical devices, and value-added services, we deliver realistic, timely and cost-effective ideas throughout the product development process. For over 30 years, our firm has provided services in the Midwest with offices in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Detroit, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh.
As our Sales Engineer in the Cleveland/NE Ohio area, you will call on design engineers and upper management. You will assess opportunities, determine if a need truly exists, and work closely with our clients’ engineers and decision makers to accurately present solutions. Build long-term quality relationships with our clients with your understanding of technical engineering concepts along with your problem-solving abilities. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, your determined work ethic, self-motivation and initiative will translate into sales success and monetary rewards.
- Generate new business through calling on design engineers and upper management.
- Grow sales and develop accounts over a sales cycle from 6 to 18 months.
- Create high quality relationships with prospective customers.
- Develop business by adding value-added service.
- Qualify, control and close sales.
- Build rapport and credibility through verbal communications.
- Technical knowledge to assess the customer’s needs.
- Minimum of 3 years of successful sales performance with an emphasis on developing new accounts.
- Ability to engage in high-level prospecting activity along with exceptional closing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering is preferred.
- Consultative mind-set with a mechanical aptitude – able to effectively talk with and relate to our customers.
- Driven, competitive and assertive with excellent natural ability to close new accounts.
- MS Office and CRM software experience is helpful.
- Able to travel up to 25%.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Catalyst Sales, Inc. will reward your sales talents with a highly competitive compensation plan that includes a base salary of $65-75K plus a generous commission plan. Actively adding new accounts can produce income of over six-figures. You will also receive a generous benefits package including medical, flexible vacation/holidays, and a 401 K with company match. A laptop, cell phone, car allowance and all expenses paid are also provided.
If you are a proven sales performer with a passion for technical applications, we encourage you to apply online now.
Donna Wells, HR Consultant
sales / business development / outside sales / territory sales / business to business / technical sales / sales representative / account executive / account manager / manufacturing / industrial engineer / regional sales / manufacturing / electronics / electronic components / distributor/ manufacturer representative / electrical engineer / mechanical engineer