Senior Sales Engineer
Chicago, IL 60007
Conveyor Solutions, Inc., a material handling systems integrator, is hiring a Senior Sales Engineer for Chicago, IL and suburbs.
Conveyor Solutions, is a turnkey system integrator of material handling equipment and systems. As a full-service integrator, we partner with the most advanced and reputable manufacturers in our industry. We provide engineered solutions to the pharmaceutical, manufacturing, retail industry, and others. Our solutions range from complex highly-automated systems, including ASRS, sortation, carousels, and conveyor solutions to horizontal belts. Since 1997 Conveyor Solutions continues to have a proven history of excellence in implementing solutions.
As our Senior Sales Engineer, you will be responsible developing relationships in the Corporate Accounts Group. By working with customers on material handling solutions, use your engineering skills and ability to foster relationships within all corporate levels including executive, operations, engineering, purchasing and maintenance. You will represent and build the Conveyor Solutions brand by identifying business needs and growth plans, educate key decision makers, and recommend integration solutions. Reporting directly to the Director of Corporate Accounts, your success will be driven by your ability to anticipate customer needs.
- Must know conveyor applications and be able to think on your feet!
- Collaborate with the Corporate Accounts Director on new opportunities within existing accounts.
- Understand existing customers’ organizational structure, develop strong relationships within all corporate levels including executive, operations, engineering, purchasing and maintenance.
- Demonstrate industry techniques and knowledge of best business practice by applying innovative material handling principles, theories and concepts.
- Customize and recommend solutions to increase the customer’s overall profitability, productivity, and safety by gathering data, analyzing information and solving problems.
- Use evaluation techniques ranging from simple “pro and con” comparisons to ROI calculations and use drawings to facilitate concept understanding.
- Develop proposals that include technical and functional descriptions, spreadsheets, drawing, and material handling flow diagrams.
- Improve gross margins through pricing, perceived market value, and product/service mix.
- Present proposals, follow up, and negotiate improved financial and contractual concepts through close.
- Process orders and inform customers of project status, (includes shipping, installation, start-up, and final payment).
- Perform client presentations articulating the value proposition of product solution and service offerings.
- Create repeat customers and provide the highest level of customer service and support, offering customers after sales service and preventive maintenance plans.
- Prepare Master Estimate Sheets for proposals showing all project costs.
- Manage internal and external information through software systems and CRM tools.
- 7+ years of material handling systems and/or distribution operations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or related experience preferred.
- Proven success at building rapport and productive customer relationships through effective communication at all levels (e.g. maintenance staff to C-level)
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Self-sufficiency with web-based CRM tools.
- Ability to read drawings and visualize details in three dimensions.
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment and installation.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Rel. 2014, a plus.
- Able to travel up to 25-30% to job sites within territory. (4-hour radius)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Conveyor Solutions, Inc. will reward your business acumen with $80K - $120K expected first year earnings, plus bonus of $30K+, depending on overall company profits. You will also receive a competitive benefit package that includes, health, dental and disability insurance, vacations and holidays, and a 401(k) Retirement plan. All expenses paid, including auto maintenance/gas, laptop and cell phone allowance.
If you enjoy building customer relationships and using your technical mindset, we encourage you to apply online.
To learn more about Conveyor Solutions, visit: www.conveyorsolutions.com
Donna Wells, HR Consultant
Business Development / manufacturing / automation solutions / industrial / account manager / account executive / sales manager / regional account manager / territory sales / senior applications engineer / conveyors / pallet integration / lifting solutions / engineer / engineered solutions / material handling / client success manager