Superintendent / Commercial Construction
Indianapolis, IN 46240 | Remote Friendly
Compass Commercial Construction Group., a design/build general contractor, is hiring a Superintendent in Indianapolis, IN.
Compass Construction Group, located in Indianapolis, is a full-service general contractor that specializes in design/build, pre-construction planning, and construction management. Projects include industrial, office, medical, and academic housing. Our unique and growing company combines talented professionals with an experience leadership team recognized throughout the industry. By providing a variety of specialized services throughout all phases of a design/build projects, Compass quickly adapts to owners’ requests, design changes or unexpected project situations that arise. Our priority at Compass is to serve our clients with integrity, respect, and a diligent work ethic.
As our Superintendent, you will set, monitor and enforce safety expectations. Ensure that construction work is completed in accordance to a planned project schedule/sequence. Establish best practices and provide leadership with field staff. Supervise all phases of construction projects, including professional communication with our clients and subcontractors. Reporting directly to the COO and working effectively with our Project Managers, your success in this position requires in-field problem solving capabilities.
- In-field management of client, vendor, subcontractors and field staff relationships.
- Set, monitor and enforce safety expectations and conduct weekly/monthly safety surveys.
- Examine and inspect work progress, equipment and construction sites to verify safety and ensure specifications are met.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of employees to facilitate and expedite the project schedule.
- Train, coach and discipline employees as required.
- Establish best practices and ensure they are followed.
- Provide daily, weekly project status reports regarding manpower, material delivery, etc.
- Prepare Master Estimate Sheets for proposals showing all project costs.
- Manage internal and external information through Project Management software systems.
- 5 + years in field construction supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction management (or similar degree) preferred.
- Proven success at building rapport and productive customer relationships through effective communication at all levels.
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to read drawings and visualize details.
- Excellent verbal/written skills.
- Ability to effectively manage subcontractors.
- Practical knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office, Outlook and MS Project.
- Knowledge of Project Management software (Timberline helpful).
- Cultural fit with our client focused service and accountability approach.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compass Construction Group will reward your field supervisory skills with a base salary of $85-95K, plus bonus (commensurate with skills and experience). You will also receive a competitive benefit package that includes, medical benefits, vacations and holidays, and a 401(k)retirement plan, laptop and cell phone.
If you are a master at executing project plans and meeting timelines, we encourage you to apply online.
To learn more about Compass Commercial Construction, visit: http://compassccg.com
Donna Wells, HR Consultant
field superintendent / commercial construction / project management / project manager / construction / design/build / superintendent / contractor / contracting / management / industrial construction / office construction / multi-family construction / apartment construction / construction engineer / construction management / Purdue University / Ball State University / Indiana State / Rose Hulman