Territory Sales / Flexible Packaging
Chicago, IL 60666
PolyExpert, a polyethylene film manufacturer, is hiring a US Sales representative in the Chicago area.
PolyExpert, headquartered in Canada, is a leading manufacturer of high performance polyethylene films targeted for flexible packaging manufacturers and converters. Our R&D expertise in developing low-density, linear low-density, and high-density polyethylene films customized to our customers’ performance needs sets us apart from our competition. Food and industrial packaging converters with special projects that require high performance film embrace our innovative approach.
As our first US based Sales Representative, you will drive new business development in the US market and expand volume within existing accounts. We have many US customers, yet there is substantial growth opportunities to expand our US market share. You will target our prospect list, identify decision makers within R&D, production, and product development departments, and close new accounts. Our broad portfolio and R&D customization is a big edge on special projects that our competition cannot deliver. Reporting to the VP of Business Development, you will become an expert sales consultant in our field and will be instrumental in expanding our footprint in the Unites States.
- Develop new accounts from an initial targeted list of 40-50 US prospects in the food and agricultural flexible packaging market and uncover additional prospects.
- Expand sales volume within existing accounts.
- Effectively qualify, control and close throughout the sales process.
- Achieve annual sales goal volume while maintaining profitable margin target.
- Maintain and track sales activity and pipeline.
- Stay current with new technology capabilities, market trends / developments, and competitor offerings.
- 5-10 years of proven outside sales success.
- Experience selling ink, equipment, film or other plastics to packaging converters.
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Consultative ability to identify customer needs and match requirements with our company R&D capabilities.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Sense of urgency to take action throughout the sales process.
- Travel locally and to major markets via car or air. (50% travel.) Must live near a major airport.
- Hunter/closer mentality with strong desire to drive results.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
PolyExpert will reward your sales talents with a competitive base salary of $70K plus bonus incentive plan. Annual first year income targeted at $80K - $100K. You will also receive a benefits package including a medical allowance, PTO, mileage and travel reimbursement, laptop and company cell phone.
This is a home-based sales role and preferred locations include Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia or New York as many of our customers are in these areas.
If you are driven for sales success, we encourage you to apply online now.
To learn more about PolyExpert, please visit www.polyexpert.com
Tammy Prehoda, Recruiter/HR Consultant
Sales / outside sales / regional sales / territory sales / business development / converter / material handling / packaging / manufacturing / plastics / polymer / polyethylene film / sales manager / district sales / Chicago / Detroit / New York / Philadelphia / flexible packaging.