Window Installer / Hurricane Glass
Fort Myers, FL 33913
J & J Glass, a hurricane glass specialty contractor, is hiring an installer in Southwest Florida (Naples to Marco Island).
J & J Glass, located in Naples, specializes in hurricane impact-resistant glass systems for condominium buildings in Naples and Marco Island. We target high end luxury condominiums and work with individual homeowners and on building-wide initiatives. With more than 35 years of experience in the industry, we install sliding glass doors, lanai enclosures and storefront / curtain wall (for elevator and lobby enclosures). J & J Glass has achieved the prestigious WinDoor Platinum accreditation and strives for continued growth and quality.
Our installers are the best in the business earning top dollar and benefits with no overnight travel. As a member of our team of skilled installers, you will learn and develop craftsmanship that matches the high quality of our condo projects. Experience with impact hurricane glass is preferred; yet, we are willing to train those who have experience in non-impact glass installation. We are seeking those with a leadership mentality who values team work, quality, and excellent customer service. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this is dynamic, hands-on craftsmanship role that can lead the way to running your own crew.
- Install impact hurricane glass, lanai enclosures, windows and doors.
- Active participate in 6+ months of on-the-job training.
- Travel to job sites between Naples and Marco Island (south) with no overnight travel.
- Drive to scheduled job sites, meet with customers, and accurately perform required installations based on scope of each project.
- Be a key customer liaison and work on job sites with customer care in mind.
- Perform duties in compliance with safety and government regulations.
- Trouble shoot installation issues and assist in solution implementation.
- Upon completion of the job, ensure quality and cleans the job site thoroughly.
- Desire to learn the unique installation techniques for hurricane glass systems.
- Minimum 2 years of carpentry or glass installation experience.
- Impact hurricane glass installation experience preferred, yet will train those with other glass/door installation experience.
- Attention to detail with quality finish work of an experienced craftsman.
- Problem solving skills.
- Practical experience with power tools and able to lift heavy doors and windows.
- Experience working on exterior swing stage rigging is a plus.
- Experience interacting with high-end customers with ability to adapt to situations.
- Team player who works cohesively with crew members and supervisors.
- Learns quickly; can take on and retain new tasks and skills with proper training.
- Must have valid Drivers’ license.
- Drug Free company. Drug testing and background checks will be conducted on pre-hires.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
J & J Glass will reward your talents with an hourly pay of $20 - $25 per hour depending on experience. You will also receive a comprehensive benefits package including company funded health insurance, simple IRA, paid vacation & holidays.
If you are driven to excel with the desire to perform quality work, we encourage you to apply online now!
To learn more about J & J Glass, please visit: http://jjglasscorp.com
Tammy Prehoda, HR Consultant
glass installer / glass technician / carpentry / remodeling / handyman / hurricane glass / high impact glass / residential construction / carpentry / installer / windows / window replacement / installation / foreman / supervisor / journeyman / apprentice / glazier / storefront /curtainwall / sliding glass doors / door installation / contractor